Shayma nominated me for awards. Truly grateful. It has been such a pleasure receiving wondrous recognition from people and fellow bloggers that “Thank you” would never be enough to fully express the gratitude. So… what I will say then, is this: It is an honor and a privilege to know you all – even though only from the other side of the screen and half of whom not in your ‘given name’.
Oscar worthy speech. Check.
First Award: This or that, Book Tag
- Mention the creator of the award
- Thank the blogger who tagged you
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose it but you can if you want to
- Tag 10 people with < 1000 followers to do this tag to spread the love
This award was created by Ayunda over at Tea & Paperbacks and these are her interesting questions:
- Reading on the couch or in bed?
– Easy peasy. I read where no one can see me. That is… if I ever get some ‘alone’ time around here. Bed it is, then. Bed. Blanket. Dim light. Pen. Paper.
- Main male characters or main female character?
– I’d really love to say a strong female main character but one look at my bookshelf and you’d call me a hypocrite. Hahah.
- Sweet snacks or salty snacks?
– Sweet snacks. Why? Because they’re sweet. Period.
- Trilogies or Quartets?
– Neither. I am not a big fan of book series, really. But I enjoy well-written series, at the best of times with more than four books. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Ranger’s Apprentice, Brotherband series… Oh wait. Maybe I am a fan of series; I didn’t know!
- First Person POV or Third Person POV?
– This is a hard one to pick. Y’all should know by now I do not stick to one category. I normally read literary fiction so I might have a lot of first person POVs in my arsenal but I always enjoy third person POVs because omnipotence is… one way to get me fired up for drama and thrill, I guess.
- Reading at night or in the morning?
– Reading at night. Who doesn’t?
- Libraries or Bookstores?
– Bookstores, obviously. And I treat bookstores as libraries anyway.
- Books that make you LAUGH or books that make you CRY?
– I don’t know, really. I don’t care? Books that make me … ‘craugh’?
- Black Book Cover or White Book Cover?
– Black. There is an exception; of course.
- Character Driven Series or Plot Driven Series?
– The hardest one in the bunch. Hmmm… I have literary fiction and thriller mysteries. Not to mention the genre I always prefer when watching films, and/or my go to place whenever I visit my local bookstore. Plot driven series, I guess? Wins by a fraction. But only because I spot the developments of the characters and always look for them in whatever kind of book I read. (Ronald Weasley, remember?)
The exception, once more is…
See? Ain’t that grand?
Most of my followers are bloggers who run a blog-free blog, so this one’s a bit hard. I’m going to nominate people who have, in one way or another, had book conversations with me. Enigma has more than 1,000 followers but who cares. You’re nominated, girl! Other nominees are:
Second Award: Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share the award on your blog.
- Share 7 random facts about you.
- Tag 5 bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
- Let them know that they have been nominated.
7 Random Facts About Me:
- I have two dogs and two cats.
- I am a Sherlockian.
- I ship Happy and Toby from the series Scorpion.
- I don’t drink coffee.
- I love sunsets.
- I am a Gemini.
- There isn’t a word for it yet but “quodophile” seems to be the most popular…
P.S. A quick side note to all my readers, I rarely have followers who are not managing a blog-free blog so forgive me if I almost always mention you. *puppy eyes* Let’s spread some love! Let’s take our broken heart and make it into art!
What do stars do? They SHINE.